Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reve-Elation

(Actual dream content).

There are people here,
I recognize them
but how I arrived I cannot explain.
Small birds skeet, wheel and soar around me
and for some reason, known to others,
I am holding two fishes,
that I have been asked to bring.
I become aware of pastoral music
changing pitch and rhythm,
breathing, a background atmosphere,
oppressive but gentle.
Young and beautiful,
a student passes by,
I ask her, “From where is your learning given”.
She indicates that she doesn’t know
but appears not to worry.
I notice that knowledge exudes from everywhere
In waves of curiosity, learning and warmth
and I need to understand it,
have to learn the code somehow.
A half-smiling man, a sensei
who will not shake my hand
directs me to a lift over which I have total command,
each floor a level of understanding,
encyclopaedic, with tableaux, lessons
and pamphlets that are also maps.
Spectral communications are delivered by the merest touch
I am filled with questions
but there is no one to answer
leaving me immersed.



© Graham Sherwood 12/2014

No comments: