Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Thunderflies

In perfect aspect for the sun
the waist-high corn dry grass
crackles as we stealthily wade,
throwing up a firework display
of pale green grasshoppers
that pop into the air
in random arcs.
I’m bothered by thunderflies
drenching on my sweaty neck
and captivated by your lithe white legs
that carefully stalk, dressage fashion
through this wheaten sea,
the hem of your dress
skimming the feathered ears.
At the stream you are soon naked,
I sit next to your discarded clothes
now ignoring the thunderflies’ torture
intrigued by the curves arches and folds
your bathing body contorts into
stroked by the gentle ranunculus.
You bid me come, but
I must only spectate, to capture
this perfect moment that I realise is unique,
we will make love, for
this stream is indeed our rubicon
both realising things will have changed forever
by the time we journey home.


© Graham Sherwood 03/2018

No comments: